Friday, February 15, 2013

Hearts and Smiles

Happy belated Valentine's Day! Nothing too fancy around here. Phil and I rented a lame movie to watch last night, and, sort of as an after thought, I finally decided to make heart-shaped sugar cookies around 9:00pm, which we weren't even able to eat until today. Tonight, however, we went to a couples event put on by the school. There was dinner, games and dancing, and a ton of fun couples to visit with. Phil was exceedingly happy about the ribs, and was sad that I wouldn't let him go get seconds.

As for the wee ones, we've just been playing it up at home. Gabe loves his new bed, and he loves snuggling with us in our bed. He just loves beds. And sleeping. Rubi's happy all - the - time. We'll go days without hearing her cry. She's just about lost all of her hair, she smiles with her tongue, and she always gets startled when Phil burps. She likes to watch Gabe, and Gabe is starting to really notice her. In fact, first thing every morning, he goes looking for her. He's not very good at showing affection to others, but he'll take my hand and throw it in her direction and sometimes touch her ear or foot, so I take that to mean that he loves her. When it's time to go anywhere, Gabe will go and grab her carseat handle to remind me to bring Rubi, and he laughs every time I put her in the car next to him. Sibling love.

Here's some more sibling love. I apologize for the massive amount of pictures. We had a ton of fun taking them one afternoon and I couldn't just choose one. I'm sure you all think you have the cutest kids in the world, and in your world, they are. In my world, however, these two trump them all.



















6 comments:

  1. I love everything about this! It just hit me that I'm really gonna miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I love these pictures! That bow tie and her dress. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Gabe's eyelashes!!! And his bow tie. And the dress. SO CUTE. Can you come take pictures of Jack for me?? Or tell me how to take such nice pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE!!! Mitra thinks they are the cutest kids in the world, and of course I agree! Gabe looks so much older than he is, and so handsome. Love every one of these pictures. Rubi looks so cute in her dress, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable!!! I love your sweet angelic kiddies. Like Carly, I'm going to miss you guys too! I always tell lane about how awesome you are

    ReplyDelete