Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hygiene Please!

Look at that face! So cute, but so messy! This was taken on Valentine's when Gabe and I sat down for some lunch. What did Gabe have? Strawberries. Of course. And a bunch of other stuff. But the only picture I took was when he had strawberries on his tray.  I promise I feed him more (and he eats plenty more) than what you see here :)
Well, we were going out shortly after lunch, so naturally, we needed to get cleaned up.  Off to the bathroom we went to wash Gabe's face and brush his teeth.  He lets me brush the top and bottom for just a second and then he takes the toothbrush from me to suck the last of the toothpaste off. So, I left him in the bathroom while I went to get my shoes. Bad idea. All of a sudden Gabe comes around the corner like this.
I grab my camera because it's a holiday and I should make the day momentous by documenting every 10 minutes.  And that's when I notice that it's not just a toothbrush he's holding.
A bar of soap. Uh-oh.  It was a really thin bar of soap which means it was the old soap that I threw away that morning right before I opened a new bar.  Which means...that Gabe has been in the garbage.  Gross! And then the kicker. I look closer and see that there is a perfect bite/chomp cut out of the soap.  Which means...
Oh, Nasty! I thought that we were over that phase, but no. My child loves soap.  This picture above makes it look like he was being force fed, but I assure you that he very much enjoyed the soap.  He would take a bite and then say "mmm" and smack his lips, and then go for another.  No worries: I only let him continue long enough for a quick photo shoot, but isn't it a little weird?

Just for fun, since we are on the subject of soap and messy faces, here's a booger bubble from the other night. WARNING: Explicit scene. For sensitive minds or stomachs, or if pregnant or about to ride a roller coaster: view at your own risk.

Oh man! We laughed about this one for awhile.  Every time he breathed out, the bubble got bigger. Haha! Ok. Now for a side shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment