Monday, November 28, 2011

An Early Christmas

Thanksgiving came and went, but for a short update: we teamed up with with a couple other students for our feast.  We ate dinner at Mark and Stephanie's and were joined by their baby, Marissa, and another student, JD.  Good company, great food and fun games! Here's Phil with Gabe right before we ate:

Well, Christmas may still be a month away, but we have had our fair share of holiday fun here the past few days.  For starters, Phil "surprised" me (and by surprise, I mean I saw it on sale at the store, told him about it, and then we both returned to the store later to get it) with a brand new sewing machine! I don't really know what I was thinking, since anyone who has seen my sewing efforts or heard my bored sewing grumbles, knows that I've never took a fancy to the art.  So, we'll see how this pans out. The best part about this machine is that it is a "Project Runway" sewing machine.  Yep.  So, naturally, a few weeks with this baby and I'll be putting out my own fashion line. I stayed up really late the first couple nights and whipped out these:
Yep. That's Gabe just standing there.  And, yep, those are his first pair of skull pajamas.  The stitches aren't straight and I had to add extra fabric to the bottom because I cut them too short, but what can you expect from a non-sewer?  Anyways, Phil has decided that he wants a pair too.  And, that I should have one to match.

Gabe also got an early Christmas gift.  It came in the mail today, in a big box, from Phil's aunt, Jaclyn. 
A Little People Nativity Set!  It's so cute!  I put it together while Gabe was napping, and when I brought him out to the living room and set him before it, he just sat there staring, with his mouth wide open, drool pouring onto his chin. 
I think he's already sucked and slobbered on every single piece. Needless to say, he loves it!  Thanks Jaclyn!  And thanks Phil!

No comments:

Post a Comment