Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Owl Earflap Hats

So, recently, most nights after Gabe goes to bed, I leave Phil to his studies out in the main room, and I retire to the bedroom, where I pop in a movie, and make owl earflap hats.  The first one came out kind of wonky.  Gabe was asleep, and since I couldn't measure his head, I made it too wide and too short.  I changed some things on the second trial, and decided I like it much better.

Hat #1: Made while watching X-Men: 1st Class.  (Phil is always surprised that I like this movie so much.  He says it's not the kind that I would normally go for, but hey, I like it and I don't know why. P.S: If you're familiar with the movie, this hat kind of reminds me of Magneto's helmet.)

Hat #2: Watched old episodes of House while making this one.
Gabe was a good sport and modeled it with and without a shirt (the tassels are more easily seen next to his bare chest).


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, he is soo big and soo cute! It's great to hear you guys are doing so well! We love you!

    Chanelle

    Ps: Hunter has those dino pjs too! We have good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha ha. I am laughing out loud. You are hilarious. I looove these hats. Will you make one for my future child? I will pay you. And Gabe of course is the most adorable model.

    ReplyDelete