Friday, October 21, 2011

Mama and the Skull Garland

Gabe's lexicon currently consists of three words:
1. ba-ba-ba:   ball
2. ba-ba-ba:   bottle
3. ma-ma-ma: mama
He started saying "mama" yesterday when he was trying to get me to pick him up, and I was lucky enough to catch it on camera today. What makes the video even more endearing is that he is trying to climb over me and then just decides to cuddle my knees.

Since it's Friday, and it's cold here, and since Phil is tied to the library for the weekend studying for tests, I decided that today would be Pajama Day.  And, what do you do on Pajama Day? Well, for starters, you wear pajamas.  Normally, you wouldn't take a shower either; just go from wake up to bedtime in the same attire.  But, seeing as how my spinning class this morning got me smelling a little less than rose-like, I exempted myself from this rule.  And, seeing as how Gabe got soggy goldfish crackers stuck to his face and hands, he will be exempted later tonight. 

That brings me to the second thing you do on Pajama Day: eat goldfish crackers. Lots and lots of them. Scatter them across the floor, put a ton in your mouth at once, mush them up and then lick them off your fingers. . . however you like them best.

And finally, the last necessity to make Pajama Day really great: make a skull garland.  Yes, people, a skull garland.  Laugh all you want, but Gabe and I thought it was of the utmost importance to string a nice line of happy skulls across our bookshelf in honor of Halloween, and what better day to create it and string it than on Pajama Day?
It was a pretty successful Pajama Day.


1 comment:

  1. First of all. He is speaking! I consider "mama" repeated, speaking. I've watched the video more times than I'd like to admit. Secondly. I love his jammies. I love you both.

    ReplyDelete