Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Chick-a-buns

People in Missouri, particularly the older crowd, have some funny pet names for babies. Examples are "pun-kin" or "sweet-ums", and I discovered a new personal favorite at the library this morning when I took Gabe with me to return a movie.  The librarian called him "chick-a-buns." It just kind of grew on me.  Chick-a-buns.  It sounds like it could be a cutesy, colorful children's book.  Maybe I should just copyright the name right now in case I get ambitious in the future.  Anyway. . . from here on out, just because I like the name, we can refer to Gabe as Chick-a-buns.

 Here are some pictures of the chick-a-buns at the park on Friday.  It was Wellness day, which meant that there were no classes.  A lot of people left town for the long weekend, but a few of those who stayed (including Phil) went to the park to play ultimate frisbee.  Chick-a-buns and I went too.

Saturday, while I was lying in bed, sick, Phil and Chick-a-buns had a great time watching ESPN together.  I got up to get a drink of water and saw this: a perfectly content Chick-a-buns just sitting there, actually watching the TV.  He stayed like that for at least half-an-hour!

Today, I decided to finally try some gel in the Chick-a-buns' hair.  He certainly has enough of it.  Turns out, he has too much curl in it to hold any shape for any conceivable amount of time.

After the gel-party, I started to fill up some bottles of water for our budding food storage, and gave Chick-a-buns a pear to keep him busy.  And, boy it did. . .
Below is the Chick-a-buns playing catch with the pear.
Putting the pear in the dishwasher.
Trying it out on his foot.
And trying it without pants.

The pear kept him entertained for awhile, but eventually he got tired of it.  And then, just plain tired.  So Chick-a-buns and I went down for a little nap. (Watch out - no make-up, or shower :))

I hope you don't mind all the pictures of Chick-a-buns.  I sure don't.

3 comments:

  1. Keep the pictures comin! I oohed and awed at every one. You guys are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always comment after lauryn. eh makes sense- but from now on i will race her to comment first. love you! gabe aka chick-a-buns is adorable! and you look sexy all greasy and natural!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw that you have a blog when I looked at your birthday spotlight thing on SAA. Your blog is so cute! I love this post too. Chick-a-buns...haha. VERY cute. :)

    ReplyDelete