Sunday, November 10, 2013

One Year Down

 
I'm a little late, but Rubi's one!
 
 
 
Our home has been so much brighter this past year. She is a joy and a dream. Perfect newborn - slept, slept, slept. Super content and quiet baby. Sweet, loving and sharing. Curious, enthusiastic, happy.


 
She's got red hair from my grandfather. And an incredibly talented tongue.
 

 
She's the tallest in her class. But...you can't tell because she doesn't walk. Or stand.
 
 
And, recently, her developing personality has included quite the drama. Just for kicks, since I caught it on camera, I'll show you a demo. I was trying to get her to look at me, so I took her sucker. Here is what happened. This next progression of photos is a typical Rubi reaction. It took less than 20 seconds to go from this:
 









To that. No joke. She's hilarious.
 
Now that she's crawling, she is all over Gabe's precious bubble and takes anything and everything right out of his hands. Sometimes he whines and comes to get me, but usually he just gets up and walks away. Just fueling the fire.
 
She's always been a dedicated daddy's girl. Just a week ago, while Phil was at the desk studying, Rubi sat on the carpet looking up at him, waiting. As soon as he turned to look at her, she smiled and said, "Hi dada!"
 
We love this little girl so much!
 

7 comments:

  1. I always look forward to your posts!! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I love her. I want to frame every single picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious Rubi! I love her little pearl headband. I think her red hair has sealed her fate to Jack's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a great post! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful! I haven't seen pictures of her for a little while. I can't believe how much she has grown and changed. Love the red hair.

    ReplyDelete