Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bike Riding


I loved riding bikes when I was little. I had some (well, probably many) imaginary friends that I would talk to while I rode around and around in our driveway. I'm guessing that Gabe doesn't have any imaginary friends, and he certainly isn't talking to them! But, I hope he learns to love bike riding. He got this fancy thing from his Grandma and Grandpa Wells for Christmas, but it's only just started getting warm enough to pull it out. 

I tried to make the "wear-your-helmet-if-you-want-to-get-on-your-bike" rule the standard from the beginning, but all that happened were some crazy meltdowns and he never got on the bike. So, I figured I'd let him experience it first and realize it's fun and then I'll throw in the helmet rule. For now, this is what the helmet is for.


It looks like his feet are long enough, but only one can touch a pedal at a time, so let's hope for a leg growth spurt by the end of the summer.





FYI: Rubi did not like the bike. Didn't get a picture of that, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment