Monday, March 11, 2013

Triangle Quilt

I've been digging triangles lately, and wanted to try my hand at a triangle quilt. Getting the points to match up was way harder than I had imagined, but even with all the messy points (which made the quilting messy too), I have to say I really love this quilt. 

It was super fun and relatively fast to make. The backing is some white minky that I got from the Amish store in Rutledge (about 45 minutes away). Who would have thought that the best, most modern fabric around Kirksville would come from an Amish store? Minky is not terribly easy to quilt, but it's not as hard as I thought, either. Just in case you were wondering. And, I've already washed it - no problems. I tried to get Gabe to hold it up for me while I took pictures, but he was more interested in the water dripping from the rain gutter.

                                




2 comments:

  1. i love it so much! i want to develop this talent even more!! it's my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog! I love this! I had no idea your hobby was sewing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete