Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Some sewing. Some reggae. And some Angry Birds.

New Years Resolution:
learn to sew clothes

I've been practicing on Rubi since, in the event that I mess up (which is pretty much every time), I don't feel too bad because
1. I seriously use less than 1/4 yard of fabric
2. It doesn't take too much time

Attempt #1:

used tutorials here and here.

And, on the model:


Doesn't fit too well - her thighs and belly are continually expanding. And definitely not winter appropriate. I'm trying to make a cardigan to go with it, but it's 
not going so well.

In fact, at one frustrating point, I threw my scraps over Rubi's head and this is what happened:


We were dying -- she looked so Bob Marley-esque. But, cuter.

And, just for fun, here's a picture of Gabe doing what he likes/does best:





2 comments:

  1. What cuties! She is smiling like crazy:) I'm impressed Lace. I couldn't sew if my life depended on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, you are so good at sewing! What a great skill. Also you are very good at making babies--they are both just so darn cute. Rubi looks very happy with that wig :)

    ReplyDelete