Friday, January 11, 2013

more robots...

I made these little robot thingys and framed them ages ago, but I never took pictures because every time I thought about it, Gabe was sleeping. Picking out colors and fabrics and designing the layout was really fun, but I went through dozens of needles going through all the layers, so the sewing was not.


The plan was to make three robot pictures to hang on the wall
of the boys' room, but then I ran out of steam.
So, I started work on a stuffed robot.


I made this from a Freddie's Friends pattern called "Ronnie the Robot."
All of the patterns are Awesome and super
easy to make.
The plan was to make a matching one for Gabe's brother, but again,
I ran out of steam.

Thank goodness for my lack of steam!!
Now that we have a girl, I plan to go back and make a girly robot 
to hang on the wall, 
and a stuffed robot for Rubi.

The pictures never made it up to the wall anyway. I ended up just displaying them 
on Gabe's cubby shelf, but they are usually sprawled
out along the top of it like this:


Gabe would always lean over the edge of the crib and knock 
them down.
Well, now, he doesn't lean. He simply climbs right out.
The other night, he attempted to scaled the shelves down to 
the floor (at 11:00 at night when he was supposed to be sleeping)
and ended up falling face first, cutting
up his chin and the inside of his mouth.
So, until his new bed gets here (we ordered him one
for his birthday), the cubbies and the crib
are temporarily separated.


You want to see the whole room? I was trying
to be so careful and only take close-ups
so as to hide the real disaster lurking behind.
But, what the heck? 
This is Gabe's tornado room.
It just gets more and more jumbled because,
like I said, every time I think to 
do anything to his room (i.e. clean or organize it), 
he's asleep!


The rest of our home is not terribly different. We 
are living in chaos.


2 comments: