Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Controversy



Hey, what's with the two ultrasound pics, you ask?

Oh. Just a little teaser to spark a debate.

The first: a definitive, 95% positive ultrasound of a baby boy.
The second: a definitive, 95% positive ultrasound of a baby girl.

The controversy: Same Baby. Our Baby!

What?! For 12 weeks, we've been relying on the results of the first, which we had done, for a not-so-inexpensive price, at an ultrasound clinic while we were in Utah over the summer (Nicole, you might want to rethink your recent results and get a second opinion - I think it was the same clinic :)). We had no reason to doubt the qualified ultrasound tech's findings, and so we've been going along secure in the knowledge that Gabe would soon have a brother with whom he could share everything: clothes, bedroom, toys, girlfriends (j/k :))

Then, today, my doctor was ultrasounding me for something else when he asked: "And, you're having a..."

"A boy."

He started scanning around for a look to confirm.

Silence.

"Hmmmm..."

More silence.

"Well..."

Then, he launched into an explanation of the turtle vs. hamburger analogy and tried to point out what he was seeing in the ultrasound.

"If you hadn't told me it was a boy," he said, "I would have definitely said it was a girl. But................ (here he keeps scanning, keeps looking)........it looks like you just might have a surprise."

So, people it looks like we're having a Surprise!

If you are skilled in the arts of the ultrasound and can accurately read the two above, I'd love to hear your input. The second picture is not very good, though, so good luck. I couldn't figure out how to scan on our printer, so I took a picture of the pictures.

And, for all of you who did not know that we're expecting...well, we are. But, no, we don't know if it's a boy or girl ;)


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! How funny! Kari Wright was an ultrsound tech for like five years. I bet she'll be able to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! I have to say, I think my boy confirming ultrasound was a little more clear than yours...there was a "snail" as the technician said. What an exciting surprise!

    ReplyDelete