Thursday, August 11, 2011

K-Ville

We're officially in Kirksville (that's Kirksville, Missouri) now.  I've sort of dropped the ball on keeping up this blog for two reasons:
1.  No internet in our new place until now
2.  I left my camera cord that connects to the computer in Utah, so pictures will be few and far between since I'll have to get them put on a CD at Walmart (yes, there's a Walmart here) before uploading them to my computer
However, I plan to do better to keep the fam/friends up-to-date!

Recap from our pre-move:

Gabe was shivering, so Jackson wrapped him up




Messing around with Mitra





Grandpa Ross wants Gabe to be a DJ




Saying goodbye to great-great grandma




Farewell to Skye




And I thought we would have a half-empty truck...

Kirksville

What do we think of Kirksville?  . . . We love it, absolutely love it!  It's a small town, but not too small.  All the houses are old, but unique.  The two universities here (which are both only a couple minute's walk from our home) create an interesting climate.  We're in a family ward, but there are lots of students (mostly married, and some with a kid or two), so we'll have people to connect with.
Our duplex is AMAZING! We were kind of scared driving into the city for the first time, never having seen the place before.  But, we hit the jack-pot with this place!  It's huge, compared to our last apartment, super-clean (it's only 4 years old, and they just re-painted), bright, a 3-minute walk to campus for Phil (it is literally THE closest place you can get to A.T. Still. . . who knew?), and we have a washer/dryer, dishwasher, AC (works great).  All for cheaper than our moldy old place in Provo.  Gabe's got tons of space to run around, and his own bedroom! No pictures of the duplex yet, but once I have some, I'll post those puppies!\\
Love the ward, love our home, love the city!

Thousand Hills State Park - 8 minute drive from home


Updates: Gabe got his first tooth, has learned how to roll the ball "back" to me (he gets it to roll, but the direction is usually off), and he is trying really, really hard to crawl

Tried to capture the tooth, but his tongue is always in the way

Rocks back and forth on knees, but either gets scared or faceplants it (as shown)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like it! The place sounds amazing. I can't believe your baby already has a tooth! Mitra looks so much like you! Is it super humid there? Do you feel like you're in the south? I don't know if Missouri is in the south or the midwest. Well, I'm glad you got there safely, but I am so sad you are gone. I am almost done with my book, so I'll be sending you that update soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck! I've been waiting for a post. I adore all the pictures and the one of Mitra and Gabe kills me. It's so cute! I'm so happy that everything is going well and you guys are settled and loving it. Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete